Artic Silver 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiouxev

In Runtime
So.. you get this in a little tube..

do you just apply this on whatever you want to cool down? Ie vid card, processor, etc?

and do you have to re-apply after a certain amount of time?

does it wear off?

if I were to buy some and to use it for my processor and/or vid card (7900 and opty 165) how many tubes should I buy?

1 Tube last for a long time. Let's see i did it twice for my video card, and about 4 times on my CPU. And i still have more then half the tube left :D.

You should reapply it, because it gets hard and whatever lol. Maybe every 6months? or one year. Depends.

Thats cool. Thanks for you help.

Im sorry, but the whole "cooling things down" really makes me think of some really cheesy ways to pick up hot nerd chicks.

It has never gotten hard at all. You really shouldnt re-apply it once you got it on good, as it will take time for the new stuff to fill all the microscopic valleys. 1 tube lasts a long time, you just put a dab the size of a grain of rice in the center of the CPU.

So basically dont chunk it on and spread it with an inch layer? Like cream cheese on a bagel?

Usually just put a grain/ graind and a half and let the heatsink pressure spread it out. Over time it will spread out itself

oh- is it a dangerous substance?

on a newegg review I heard a guy put it on his finger and his body temp dropped 10 degrees. Not sure if he was being funny or not.

wiouxev said:
oh- is it a dangerous substance?

on a newegg review I heard a guy put it on his finger and his body temp dropped 10 degrees. Not sure if he was being funny or not.
no, it's not dangerous. it doesn't do nearly enough to a person's body to drop it by a single degree (well, maybe his finger tip only), let alone 10. (if it did drop 10 degrees, he would be dead)

a CPU is different

LOL, no it's not dangerous. I mean as long as you dont eat it, you will be fine. If your body temp dropped 10 degrees you would die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom