Good Website to buy PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanb1818

Baseband Member
Hey i have recently sold my computer on ebay because ive been looking forward to upgrading since i got a resonable amount of money for graduating :D . Now ive been looking around websites to buy a PC since i dnt want to just buy the parts because i dnt know how to put a PC together with all the wiring and such. So i just wanted to buy one. I went to Dell and such and i noticed they were hella more expensive then the one from like other websites but im afraid to just buy a expensive comp from just any website you know. Does anyone know any good websites to by a hella good comp on? I have enough to buy a comp in the $1500-$2300 dollar range. Help me out please!! I want to start playing oblivion !! HeH

dude. building a new computer is not as hard as you might think. i am also sure you could find a geek around to help you. buy a case then buy a motherboard and install it in the case using the provided back panel that came with the board. screw it in. there are clear diagrams as to how to install the cpu. then put in the motherboard power connections. again look at the diagrams that came with the manuals etc. most connectors only fit into a port if they were made to fit there. if you have to force it in then maybe your're orienting it wrongly or its the wrong connector.

you want to play oblivion so things to look for are AMD Athlon X2 dual core 3800+ at least; 1GB (2 512MB sticks for dual channel) crucial ballistix is the best value for money when it comes to low latency ram so check out that brand. dont buy anything from kingston, they use shitty chips. nvidia geforce 7600 GS atleast, BFG is the brand to buy graphics cards from. a 160GB SATA2 hard drive should do you good. and most importantly a DFI Lan Party motherboard that supports 939 socket and dual channel memory.

other crap like speakers are secondary so dont spend much money on that.

you said u graduated so i am assuming u mean from college so it means you have the intelligence to build a pc you just lack the knowledge so do some homework, it wont take you long.

i know how to do everything like put the motherboard in, the ram, the harddrive, video card sound card all taht i just know absolutely nothing about the wiring. i actually tried on my other comp and jsut didnt know wutt the flip to do.

My suggestion for you and anyone else that is intimidated by building their/your own computer is:

a) Go to a local computer shop with a list of parts (that we can help you to choose) and get them to build it for you. This way, you still get all the benefits of a custom-built, but don't have to worry about assembly.

b) Ask someone you know who has built a computer (if you know anyone) to help you put one together.

c) I suppose you could go Dell or whatever. I would use this as a last and least favorable option. You could get a nice system from Dell, but nothing is as nice as having your 'own' system:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom