computer resteting

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaddlad

Beta member
hi

new to this forum, i really hope somebody can help, i bulit a computer a few months ago everything ok, now the computer just keeps reseting for no reason, example i am on the computer now and it might reset, it reboots and then i could be on it for another hour on 20 seconds without anything happening, i really dont know when it is going to do it, i can not do cpu hunger stuff like video editing it will just not do it, it did in the past but not now, i dont no what dirrection to go is it the power supply or a faulty component,

gigabyte ga7vxp
amd2600+
512mb ddr mem
asus fx200 graphic card
1 dvd rom
1 dvd writer
1 80 gig
1 40 gig
1 10 gig

when it does reste here is one of the codes it comes up with i dont know if they are noughts or zeros
0x0000000a(0x0053a5d4,0x00000002,0x00000001,0x804dd6ce

is there anyway of testing any of the components.

hope you can help

chaddlad

try a different stick of memory and also try a differnt video card. Take out 1 drive at a time to see if it effects it also.

if your system is rebooting by itself, highly unlikely to be the video as you're not using the computer when this happens I take it.. as for the RAM, most likely not that either... might want to take a look in the bios to see what the mobo and cpu temps are.. if the chip is too hot, it could be forcing itself to shut down constantly... although this didn't happen months ago, the thermal pad which is probably what you have under you hsf can break down.. and within a few months, you can loose a couple of degrees, making it now, noticable

might want to also give a check for virus's.. if your computer is just idling but still restarting.. you'll need to check everything out for anyone else to give you more advice

cheers guys

i have just formated the hard drive so clean system and i have just installed a new heatsink for the cpu, looked in the bios for temp and everything looks fine, i will have to start taking bit of to see what happens.

cheers

chaddlad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom