Buying a Dell XPS, Good for gaming, or No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonsayers

Baseband Member
Still on the search for a good system to buy.

PC world has some OK systems, But I want to steer clear of them.

I have a dell dimension 4200, It's been a good PC and I've upgraded a few parts, so my next stop was the DELL site, to look at the XPS systems, or the 'gaming pcs' as they call them.

The specs are pretty nice, this was one I was looking at:

http://configure.euro.dell.com/dell...&kc=305&l=en&oc=D05XP5&s=dhs&sbc=dimen_xps600

It has a Nvidia 7900 which sounds nice but it's a 'GS', Never heard of a 7900GS.

Is it a good system, or could it be better.

I've had enough of upgrading, and all the general pish you need to know, I just want a new system to buy, put together, and play new games on.

actually.....its not bad for a dell

i have never heard of a 7900gs???...lol there is a 7800gs....but maybe you should go with the 7800gtx.

good hard drive, mobo, cpu(intel is ok), adequate amount of ram.

yes you are paying more than you should, but it is dell, and hey atleast you dont have to put it together like you said.

i say go for it if you have the money, and are tired of upgrading yourself

you can save alot of $$$$ if you build one from sctrath, it has good parts but dell sometimes skimps on stuff like case quality and the power of psus, in cheaper machines the parts are downright crummy.

I just want a new system to buy, put together, and play new games on.

So you want to build your own computer. Putting together that is...

I've had enough of upgrading, and all the general pish you need to know

Then your tired of building your own computer?

Anyways i still say build your own, it takes what max 10-20 minutes if you have done it before. And then a couple more horus for wire management and installing everything. The hard work will pay off.

As if you buy the dell, you will have to just buy a whole new computer if your going to buy a dell. So it would just be an endless cycle of buying dell after dell after dell. Or you could just keep the same computer and upgrading the video card and processor then motherboard then ram. :D

I believe the 7900GS is a 20 pipelines card, though that was the laptop ... :confused:

Yup twenty it is

http://www.dell.com/content/learnmo...=desktops&~lt=popup&~mode=popup&~series=dimen

10 to 20 minutes... In that time I would have got everything out of the box, put them a side and opened the case up. 1 1/2 hours from opening first box to putting the XP CD into the drive tray is more like it.

Trifid said:
10 to 20 minutes... In that time I would have got everything out of the box, put them a side and opened the case up. 1 1/2 hours from opening first box to putting the XP CD into the drive tray is more like it.

It takse you an hour and a half to build a computer :shocked: though lining up the motherboard and screwing it in does take a while :confused:

Where did you start the timmer at then? Putting in the CPU, HS, GPU CD and hard drive would take 20mins.

(I also suck at putting in the motherboard screws in - which I have hidden for soo long) :eek:

I can only dream of having that mich £££££ to spend on computers......(break in to tears)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom