slow windows load

Status
Not open for further replies.
it all started (i think) when i tried to install pinnacle's video editing suite but it turned out it didn't work w/ 64x OS's. even though i uninstalled the software, the load time is still slow. everything about the program is gone, including all its registry files.

the specs of my computer are in my signature, but yes i know its hard to read cause the animation sucks so ill write them:
cpu: amd fx-57 (2.8ghz)
gpu: 7800gt (sli)
ram: corsair value (2048mb)
hd: maxtor 180gb
psu: aspire 680w

Re:

Hello,

As well as some of the steps already mentioned, also do the following:

1. Check the disk for any errors. Run command prompt and type CHKDSK x: /R where x: is your operating system partition.

You'll be asked whether you'd like to scan upon next boot...make sure you answer yes to this. Reboot the machine to start checking the disk.

2. Secondly I'd check to see how heavily fragmented the drive is. Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Defragmenter click to analyze all your partitions, and defrag them if needed - one at a time.

3. Next try running Microsoft Bootvis, downloadable here:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=664

Use it to optimize the boot process.

4. If you've installed CCleaner, open it and on the left, click Issues. Scan for issues, and then fix any issues found.

5. Download Sysnternals PageDefrag, extract it to a folder and run the program. Select to Defrag at next boot and click ok. Reboot the machine.

6. You might also want to perform a thorough system scan using Avast! Antivirus if you haven't done so already.

hmm i've done all that, and it seems to be working now. the load time is down to less than a second =D thanks for your help, everyone :)
but this iTunes thing is bugging me. no matter which version i use, (the one that came w/ the ipod or the latest version) none of them work. it always gives me that screen that says report the error and whatnot. what could be wrong? i definatly need itunes to work or else... no more updating my ipod =( anyone have a solution to this problem?

pfft... they're all indian and use responses like
"Hello, my name is Mary Sue which is completely american. What are your problem this day that may I help with you? What is your email address for purpose of verification may I ask?"
and im like ".... umm laser.viking@gmail.com and im having problems with itunes not working when i try to start it"
and they're like "Thank you for providing us with your email address for purpose of verification. If I understand correctly, you are having problems with itunes not working when you try to start it?"
and im like "... yes"
and then they take like 10 minutes to respond and then they say "I'm sorry I cannot help you with your problem. I now will transfer you to another representative of support for your problem of itunes not working when you try to start it."
and then im like "Whatever."
and then the other support rep is like "Hello, my name is John Doe which is completely american. What are your problem this day that may I help with you? What is your email address for purpose of verification may I ask?
and then i just close the window. thats how it always is, more or less. then they spam me with questionaires asking me wether or not my "techincal support experiance" was helpful or not...

okay </rant>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom