DVD player requiring no admin privileges

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlleangelique

Baseband Member
Hello,

I have a laptop for w*rk which I need to carry on a train for a few hours a week. I could sometimes do with something to fill these hours when I don't feel like reading, so thought I'd try to install a DVD player. Attempting to install PowerDVD, though, I was told that I need to be logged in as an administrator...

... So, would anyone happen to know any DVD players that do not require administrator privileges to install?

Thanks for any help.

Its almost any software that will require you to be logged in as admin, so just bring it to your IT guys at work and ask them to install it for you, They shouldn't mind at all.

that means you are not a local admin of the machine. You are a user that belongs to the AD of your company. The onlt way to get around this is login as the local admin

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately the chances of my having it installed at w*rk are absolutely zero, as they're in a different city and from a different company (paid per job). I can install about half of the things I try to install, though, including some big things like OpenOffice; is there anything specific about DVD players that would mean they'd always require admin permission?

Thanks.

Media Player? For some bizarre reason the Windows installation on the laptop omits anything with more potential for enjoyment than the CD player... do you know if it can be installed without admin control?

do you not see it listed anywhere? if not go to add/remove/ add/remove window components and see if its checked or unchecked

No, it's not installed... it basically just contains things specifically for work, things I've installed myself, and the CD player...

It won't even let me try; the only things available under control panel are display, keyboard and disability settings...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom