LACie dvd +/- RW DL Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

wirercx

Baseband Member
Hi everybody,

Well i recently built a new computer and I am having a problem with me secondary Disk Drive, a LACie DVD+/- RW Double Layer with light scribe external drive.

So my problem is that whenever I turn the switch on from the back of Disk drive, it makes my computer act really slow, once in a while freezes it, and then once in a great while a Blue Screen of Death. The BSOD says that it is a IRQ Error (or something like that) and I do not know how to fix it. But I do not think that is the problem (only part of it).

But whenever I try to use the light scribe the computer just freezes. Then I have to end the task through task manager.

Hope you can help,
Thanks,
Wirercx

PS the computer specs are:
Win XP Pro 32bit
AMD Athlon 64 X2 +4800
The disk drive I was telling you about
Sony DVD RW burner (primary)
2 Gigabytes of Ram
(1) EVGA e-GeForce 7900 GTX
ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
550 Watt PSU

I have been looking alllll over the internet for firewire drivers for that board and I cannot find a single driver. And the board does not come with any bundled drivers for firewire....

The drivers would be part of the chipset drivers, Did you install all the drivers on the motherboard cd? What make model number is the board

Yes I did install the chipset drivers, and I did list the motherboard make and model above, but here it is again, ASUS A8N-SLI Premium

I am pretty sure I have the latest bios and drivers. I even tried the ones you reccomended and still nothing.

So I have no more ideas on what to do.

Bump, I now need this to work for buisiness reasons... otherwise, on friday, when I have some time I will just call up the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom