Elitegroup Mobo - which CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
That motherboard is a little out of date.

All those Celeron processors would work, but not at their full potential. They would run at like 80% of their real clock speed.

You are much better off getting a slower Pentium 4. Clock speed isn't always everything. L2 cache will make up for the Celeron.

thanks for the advise, ther only reason im looking at Celerons is because im on a tighter budget at the moment (engine just went bang on my car :angry: so gotta replace that as a priority)

I wasnt sure because the celerons i listed show a fsb@533mhz whereas on the main page for the actual board the celerons are only listed at fsb of 400mhz

but if they will definately work I will go ahead and order one (probably the Celeron 345)

also do you know if that mobo would be capable of seeing a 160gb hdd?

sorry for the Q's

Yeah, absolutely. All modern motherboards can see large hard drives like that.

There MIGHT be a way you could get that CPU to work at it's full potential. I suppose you could overclock the motherboard to a 533MHz FSB, if the BIOS supports it. I'm not quite certain on this though, so don't take my word for it...

thanks again for your advise.

but im now confused lol

someone on another forum has just told me that no celeron d cpu's will work as they are 533mhz, when i said to him that the std p4 cpu's run at 533 on this board he said in that case im not sure.

sorry again, just dont want to go wasting time/money buying the wrong cpu

As far as I know, the Celeron will just downclock to the 400MHz bus. I'm not 100% certain now, that someone said otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom