will this build work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to be the annoying guy who jumps in and tells you that you should wait, but since no body else did, I will...

Dude I think you should wait till the beggining of august[two months from now, a bit less] all of the nowdays high-end tech will have a price fall, and all the stuff you will buy nowdays[ even AM2] will not be upgrde-able in the end of this year... the things that will come out by august will be upgradeable till mid 2007 or so[and will be able to hold up good performence for at least 2-3 years or more]

Just my thoughts, do whichever comes up you'r mind though..

AM2 is upgradeable. That's why i told him to get that. he`ll be able to get new processors in future and it supports DDR2.

you cant wait forever technology is always moving and he only has £350 to spend I picked parts based on that.

Conroe may be coming out soon but he has a small budget. The only plus side of him waiting is that he might be able to get cheap intel dual core processors instead.

Yoad said:
Sorry to be the annoying guy who jumps in and tells you that you should wait, but since no body else did, I will...

Dude I think you should wait till the beggining of august[two months from now, a bit less] all of the nowdays high-end tech will have a price fall, and all the stuff you will buy nowdays[ even AM2] will not be upgrde-able in the end of this year... the things that will come out by august will be upgradeable till mid 2007 or so[and will be able to hold up good performence for at least 2-3 years or more]

Just my thoughts, do whichever comes up you'r mind though..

Why do you think AM2 won't be upgradeable at the years end. AMD won't drop there newest CPU line 3 months after it's release and I can't see Intel knocking them out of business completly. Kind of interested in how you came up with that thought.

In the furtre will i be able to change the mobo letting me have the oppertunity to use intel proccessers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom