Windows XP font vanished - must recover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cunjo

Daemon Poster
So here's the story... I'm working on some graphics for a group, and have beenusing a specific font almost exclusively for their logo and various emblems. I can't remember where I got rhe font, only that it started with a D (I think maybe called 'dungeon' or something like that) and it had a smooth, futuristic look to it that worked perfectly for the application.

For a long time now, I have used it in Microsoft Word and Photoshop. Last week, I opened up a photoshop file to edit one of the logos, and it told me a font was missing, and that I couldn't work with the text layers unless it was replaced... Sure enough, the font was GONE. I checked everywhere. it wouldn't appear in word either, and it was missing, best I could tell, from the windows font folder, and even my backup fonts folder (where I had stored them all prior to the last windows reinstall)

What on earth did Windows do to my font, and how can I get it back?

I badly need it in order to continue my graphics work for this group, and it's already set me back enormously.

If anyone knows how I might recover it, or even where to find another copy, I'd greatly appreciate it.

If it comes down to it, here is a sample of the font (outline overlay added in photoshop):
ommand9rb.gif

Thanks in advance!

well its not a standard windows font i see. i dont have any font with d...hhmm...lets look elsewhere.

Yeah, that looks like it... and **** it's pricey :/

I'll run a few searches of my HD and backups to see if I can locate it anywhere, but I don't know if I'll be able to buy another copy if it doesn't turn up.

Any idea what might have went wrong or if there's a way to recover it from my system?

Something might have been using it when Windows BSoD'ed, but that shouldn't be an excuse for it to lose the font!

I already found it via eMule, heh... so you can nix that. Thanks anyway though :)

Problem solved.

Though, if anyone knows what might have caused the font disappearence, or how to prevent/recover from it in the future, please, let me know and post it.

Yea, that's what bothers me...

at this point, there isn't a single, cataclysmic thing that Windows could suprise me by doing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom