CPU-Z Results Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

0tz

In Runtime
I have used this CPU-Z program and I am amazed of the information it shows. ^_^ Here are some of my questions..

cpuz.jpg

Guys what is a CPU Multiplier? Is this related to the speed of the CPU to the memory? Is this x20 ok or should I lower it? Where will I lower it? Please give me an clear explanation. Thanks very much.

Second..

How will I determine the timings of my memory below in terms of for example "2-2-2-2" something like that? And what is the good timings for a DDR 400? (planning to buy).. And also if you can explain what is CAS# latency, RAS# to CAS# latency, RAS# Precharge and Cycle Time?

512MB DDR333

cpuz1.jpg

256MB DDR333

cpuz2.jpg

Your kind reply is greatly appreciated. :p

A Multiplier is umm how to say it, its well the multiplier of the FSB which decides the final speed of you'r cpu clock [as we call it Giga Hertz or Mega Hertz] so like if the FSB is 200 and you'r multipliers are set on 15 you'll get 3000MHz [or 3GHz].
Generaly the lower [in most cases] you can set you'r multiplier, the more overclock you can achieve and still keep stability.

CAS# RAS# And all those other Latencys are simply the time it takes to access the RAM, so the lower - the better.

A good timing is anything below 2.5 in the CAS Latency.

Your timings on the ram is, 2.0-3-3-6 and 2.5-3-3-7 as for stock. But to find out the real timings that you are running at, you should look under the Memory tab.

the multiplier is....um.....isnt it like.......hm........how should i put this. k you have, for example, 200MHz FSB speed right, and let say the multiplier is at 15, so, basically data is transfered 15 at a time at 200MHz, am i saying this right guys?

Well I also said I don't really know how to put the definition of the multipliers, but it multiplies the speed of you'r CPU XD .. its good enogh rofl.

Yoad said:
Well I also said I don't really know how to put the definition of the multipliers, but it multiplies the speed of you'r CPU XD .. its good enogh rofl.

ok. FSB Speed X Multiplier = CPU Speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom