Not sure if you knew but AM2...

Status
Not open for further replies.
well just to prove you guys wrong here it is..

the fx60 runs stock@ 2.6ghz

a conroe 2.67ghz
beat an amd fx60 clocked @ 2.8ghz

still beat it out.

Intel wasnt OC'ing on that one, but AMD was. So thats not true that they always OC the intel... Seems to be that they didnt on this one.

But you are also comparing an older processor to one that isn't out yet.... I wanna see FX 62 compared to a Conroe with neither one being overclocked, and who ever is the underdog overclocked till it catchs up to the other one in terms of performance...

But you are also comparing an older processor to one that isn't out yet.... I wanna see FX 62 compared to a Conroe with neither one being overclocked, and who ever is the underdog overclocked till it catchs up to the other one in terms of performance...
FX-62 isn't going to be anything impressive dude. Just OC the FX-60 up what like...... 200Mhz and you've got an FX-62

Conroe will still beat it, however it seems most people are blinded by the SuperPI times it does. The AMD won't come even close to that one sad to say. Of course a SuperPI time isn't the end all conclusion of benchmarks but it still does give a good indication of how well the CPU crunches numbers.

We'll have to wait until we can see a plethera of benchmarks to compare em to although I still doubt the AMD will be up there too high.

*walks of grumbling*

Meh AMD will be on top in 3-5 years again anyways.... Hopefully... But I am finaly at 2.4Ghz stable with 1.48Vcore now... Still can't figure out why it likes to shut down for 5 min when you restart or even shut down.... Makes no sence... Possible the BIOS has bugs in it.

I doubt it'll take 3-5 years. They better have their crap back together by 2008. That's when I'll have my degree and I'll be looking to purchase computer parts again.

Jesus christ.... went from 2.4Ghz to 2.51Ghz and it took almost an entire .1 volt increase to keep it stable.... still cool and crap... But I would hate to see the temp on the north bridge heatsink....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom