AMD 4x4

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's garbage best to not be informed about it. AMD better get back in gear soon. They have nothing on their roadmap till 2007 so it looks like they may be hurting this year.

Just as usefull as SLI

gurusan said:
i kinda had that feeling.

CAn you elaborate as to why it's garbage though?

It will not provide anywhere near the performance for the price you will pay for it. Probably won't be able to be utilized completely either.

Tyler1989 said:
Just as usefull as SLI

I'm gonna sue you for copyright violations :D stop stealing my lines! I said that first :beard: lol

But it is true...... this is total junk.. and my guess is that its gonna be made for servers and not the normal desktop pcs, and still a xeon will beat it easly

Yoad said:
But it is true...... this is total junk.. and my guess is that its gonna be made for servers and not the normal desktop pcs, and still a xeon will beat it easly

They have that for servers already. This is aimed at enthusiasts and gamers.

AnthraX said:
They have that for servers already. This is aimed at enthusiasts and gamers.
And here lies the problem. All the programs that take advantage of a dual core CPU, will not take advantage of quad cores. They would have to be re-written to actually make use of the 2 extra cores. It's like playing Quake 3 with SLI, there is no improvement because it is not written to support it. That, and the fact that it will be insanely expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom