Sound Card Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

XGamesJ6

Solid State Member
Recently as I'm listening to music, (I use winamp) it'll just stop, like pause, even though it says playing, then i click play, and it just says zero, says play, but doesnt do anything, when this happens i try other stuff like windows media player and anything else i can, nothing will play music, windows media runs through like it is playing but no sound, and no web songs work either, all i can listen to are CD's from the drive, the only way to fix it is to reboot the system, but in a short time, it just happens again. any ideas ANYONE??

Do you roll your mouse wheel when your listening to music? If you roll it down when your listening to music, then it decreases the volume.

Also, does this happen when you watch .avi or play games? ie. sound dies after a while

i dont use the mouse wheel, and i havent been watching many movies or playing many games, been to busy

Two thoughts:

First-what hardware are you running on your comp? Ram, processor, HD, etc. and what programs are running in the background?

Second-try using Windows media player instead of Winamp. If it does the same thing it's probably a hardware issue, if not uninstall and reinstall Winamp.

i tried to uninstall and reinstall winamp, no luck, hardware wise im not absolutly sure but heres my shot at it,
OS. win2K
Processor: AMD Sempron 2200+ 1.5 GHZ
MB: ASRock K7S41GX
Chipset: SiS 741GX
Ram: 768 MB PC2700
HD: ST340014A (40 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)

and the sound card is built into the MB

wouldnt know, havent tried it yet, windows player wont work after it all stops on winamp, i'll do a restart, and listen to some music on windows media and see what happens

ok, so i tried only listening with windows media player, it seemed to have worked for longer, but it did the same thing, and just stopped, i dont know whats going on!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom