THis PC what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RUN AWAY!!!!! Just run away...as fast as you can.

Why?

256MB ram-was standard for cheap systems about 3 years ago.

40GB hard drive-ditto

32mb onboard graphics-joy killer-struggles to run freecell

Linux-free OS-ok if you are a programmer

Keyboard and mouse-none-how are you going to input?

14" Screen-c'mon really, 14"

CD-ROM-can't even burn a CD-DVD-gee whiz-DVD burners are 35 bucks in the US-can't be much more in the UK?

"This is not the computer you are looking for...you can be on your way....move along...."

If the pound is roughly equal to $2, then that place is attempting highway robbery. I can buy three times the computer at WalMart for the money.

Wow!! If ANYONE orderd that PC from them he should be awarded as the dumbest person on earth LOL..

This pc will struggle running the BIOS screen! ROFL

Got to agree with all the above coments :D, and also its comet, you just dont buy a PC from coment lol

Edit: just seen the product cover, if you pay over half what the computer costed you get 5 years cover, Thats even more of a rip off than the PC!

Don't let it get you down, sailpog. It's better to ask and find out before than after, right?

I dunno what brands are available on your side of the pond. But I do know it is better to try to get a comp made of stock parts instead of a pre-built, period.

If you can't build your own, talk to a computer shop about building you one. Post what parts the shop wants to use, and we'll let you know if it would be worth it, or what to change. Just try to ignore those who scream about you having to have the newest graphics card or RAIDed Raptors and stuff like that. Buy what you can afford and upgrade down the road.

Were not short of brand/suppliers here. But Ive found the best place to buy a computer is as Trotter said, your local(not places like PC world, Comet etc) computer shop. That way if anything goes wrong you can simply take it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom