Computer self-restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that its you'r RAM and not you'r PSU.
I have a much weaker PSU and it doesnt get overstrained no matter what I play.

Though the issue lies here, if it were my ram, why is everything fine when i use my other optical drive?

Well have a look at these screenshots which occur when I play Knights of the Old Republic II, this happens when the initial starting menu comes up, now I was lucky that my computer didn't restart before i could exit and take a screenshot, usually it just restarts, no BSOD, when this happens the dvd drive makes a like kind of high pitched sound, and it kept happening, and then usually the sounds continues for 2-3 seconds and the computer restarts,this time is just happened occasionally, well here are the screenshots i managed......

Weird Fuzzy screen

Picutre 2

That is an indication of your video card dieing my friend.

Test this by getthing a cheapo video card and replacing it to see if the symptom still occurs. If it goes away, video card. If not, PSU.

aw man, my card is like only 2 and bit years ollld heh, though the weird thing is, this fuzzy screen has happened on Knights only, and once or twice on starcraft, on every other game the computer just restarts.

Trust me. I recommend that you test the video card. That static image is a general indication that the card is faulty.

And another thing i don't understand is why will my video card not showing it's dying traits with my other optical drive? Though I will try to find a mates card or something to check out what's going on. Though if it the PSU, the card I'm thinking of using is an Geforce 5200 so does that use less power, and then it won't exhibit problems because the PSU can handle?

buzza24 said:
That is an indication of your video card dieing my friend.

Test this by getthing a cheapo video card and replacing it to see if the symptom still occurs. If it goes away, video card. If not, PSU.

I agree...looks like the video card is the culpret. Or could be the Mobo?:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom