Computer self-restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masta_Gomes

Baseband Member
My computer just restarts itself when i play games, and today it also restarted when i was burning a cd when i use using the internet and doing a couple of things, though when i just let the cd burn without doing anything on the cimputer it doesn't restart, what's going on?

Yeah i don't think it's overheating cause when i use my other drive, it has never restarted on me.

I mean what does it mean if i use my cdrw drive eveything works fine, i use my dvd/rw drive in games and sometimes burning it restarts, and i can view stuff on cd's and stuff so what's going on?

I am experiencing the same one. Is there any chance that the Video card could also be a component that would be affecting it?

You see I was thinking that, though the thing is, why would one optical drve work perfectly, no restarts, whilst one drive doesn't, i mean my one that doesn't is a dvd burner, maybe it draws more power, which my PSU can't handle? What's your situation?

Try this:

Change your setting on the start up and recovery tab. To do this:

right click on my computer>
left click on properties>
left click on advanced tab>
left click settings on startup and recovery>
under system failure uncheck automatically restart>
left click ok.

You might get a message that you cannot uncheck that box unless Alerter is running. Just click ok and reboot. Try this....and if that does not work, LMK and we will look further. :D

yep I've always had it to not automatically restart, but guess what no BSoD, so....hardware fault...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom