BOOT and KERNEL error ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

j4mes_bond25

Baseband Member
With the hope of sorting things out, I've reinstall the Windows XP Professional in which I'd formatted the hard-drive as well, but am still getting the following error messsages, in the blue background, as follows:

1. UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

Part of the entire message saying: Disable BIOS memory options such as cashing/shadowing.......

Last line reads:- STOP: 0x000000ED

I can't even go to the BIOS setting by pressing "Del" key, since if I do so, I come across this error AGAIN.

2. System freezes & displays:

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

Last line reads: - STOP: 0x0000007A

When I switch the laptop off (by pressing the power button) & press it back again to switch it back on, SOMETIMES I come across Error no. 1 and sometimes I come across Error no. 2

Since, I've formatted the hard-drive before reinstalling the Windows freshly, I should imagine there's something wrong either with BIOS or with Disk itself.

I can't go to the BIOS but when I tried repairing the disk using "CHKDSK" (as Microsoft's knowledge base recommends) it goes only upto "32% complete" and stops saying "one or more unreparable error occured (something like that)" and when I can't even use "CHKDSK \P" or "CHKDSK \F". I've also tried "FIXBOOT", which works but the Error message hasn't stopped.

From time to time, I can't do much work since Error no. 2 displays within 10-15 min. of me doing my work (either browsing Internet or using a software). Even if I keep the Laptop switch on WITHOUT doing anything at all, I get the Error no. 2 after a short while.

Since I never needed to use System Restore, as nothing like this happened before, I don't have any restore point (and hence, I'd no choice but reinstall the Windows again). Can't even run the Virus scan, since the Error no. 2 appearing before the Virus scan finishes.

Sometimes, I manage to go to Safemode & sometimes not.

I reckon the problem COULD get solved reparing the "disk" itself using "CHKDSK" but the process doesn't finish when I try reparing it after booting from my Windows XP Professional's "CD-ROM".

Lastly, in the device manager, "yellow question mark" can be seen in "PCI-Modem", "VGA Video Controller" having NO drivers and I tried to get the driver off the Internet but all in vain. Could this be the problem. Can't I get the new BIOS but then HOW & WHICH would I need (if the problem is really within it).

Could anyone possibly help or point me in the right direction to overcome this problem, which I'd been having for the past 2 weeks. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

i would statt of by using a windows 98 oem bootdisk in a floppy to fdisk and then format and then install xp. If it keeps doing that after this, either your hdd is going, your bios may need to be flashed, possible memory issues

I've reinstalled the windows just couple of days back with the hope of getting rid of this problem (and also formated the hard-drive during the Window XP Installation process) but all in vain, since the error hasn't stopped popping up.

These are the 3 different errors (along with its detailed parameter):

1. KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
(long message)

0x0000007A (0xC03E4788, 0xC000000E, 0xF91E2642, 0x0B6A3860)

ftdisk.sys - Address F91E2642 base at F91D8000, Datestamp 3b7d8419

Beginning dump of physical memory.

2. KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
(long message)

0x0000007A (0xE15F1864, 0xC000000E, 0xBF8F5C8F, 0x0C054860)

win32k.sys - Address BF8F5C8F base at BF800000, Datestamp 3b7de698

Beginning dump of physical memory.

3. UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME
(long message)

0x000000ED (0x80EFB7C8, 0xC0000015, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I'll delve into these errors further, in the mean time. My computer's spec can be seen on: http://www.aboveproof.co.uk/laptop_spec.html

Warez Monster said:
possible hdd failure or memory issues, did you perform what i said above?

Yes, I've formated the entire hard drive and then installed the Windows XP Professional but the problem still continues.

boot from the windows cd and go into the recovery console, and repiar boot, something like chdsk or something

Travis18 said:
boot from the windows cd and go into the recovery console, and repiar boot, something like chdsk or something

I managed to do that this morning & although I saw the Boot error straight after using "chkdisk", etc. but after that, I haven't seen this problem reappearing as yet.

I'm still holding my breath as whether the problem has really sorted out or not, but assuming that Boot problem has sorted out, would the Kernel problem have sorted out with it or not is yet to be seen. Hopefully, if I don't see any of these errors for at least couple of days, I'd assume things being dandy. Let's cross fingers.

Warez Monster said:
i would try another hdd if you have one

I did think of getting a brand new hard-drive, but wouldn't you say that I've FORMATTED my present hard-drive during re-installing the Windows XP, would've made the hard-drive similar to "new".

I could buy the new hard-drive, but since I'm having problem with "boot/kernel", would you say merely replacing the hard-drive would solve this "boot" (or "kernel") problem, in case the problem turns out to be of "BIOS", which is NOT a part of hard-drive (or "saved in" the hard-drive itself) since such thing are saved elsewhere in the PC (other than the hard-drive itself) ???

reformatting doesnt make the drive new, it just clears off the drive. i would try it myself and use the old drive as a backup. if it happens again then there is another issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom