questions about Conroe and the geforce 8 series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millenniumtiger

In Runtime
On the Conroe:

First of all, when does the the conroe become available to the public? Then, how much will it cost? also, do new series processors usually have problems l like os' and videocards?

On the video card:

When do the 80 series cards come out? should i get a 7600 or 7900 now, or wait until a while after they come out so the bugs can be fixed?

gurusan said:
sorry to be a *****.... but ... www.google.com

Sorry to be a *****, but not everything this fellow wants to know can be found by plugging a few words into a search engine. How is this a helpful, constructive reply? I highly doubt anyone who posts questions here is unfamiliar with Google. If you don't know the answer, or aren't in the mood to reply, just don't post at all.

I don't know the answers to your questions Milleniumtiger, but I'm sure someone will be along soon who does. Though gurusan's reasoning is possibly not entirely without merit-- there are tons of Conroe threads floating around, and I'm sure you'd find some of your answers by looking through them.

I would agree....however....there have been SO many conroe threads that searching even in this forum would yield results

It's been posted around here that July 23rd will be the release date of Conroe. For price, off the top of my head a E6400 is about $250? As for compatibility, i'm sure it'll work right flawless right out of the box.

I haven't heard much about G80's release or anything about it's performance. it should come after Conroe sooner or later.

The conroe will be available to public in 23rd July

The prices are some like these

E6700 2.67Ghz - 530$
E6600 2.4Ghz - 316$
E6400 2.1Ghz - 224$

Correction to all of you, on the 23'rd of July conroe is indeed joining the market, but as intel said only 5 chips of the Conroe family will be released at that date, in the following weeks [now I assume] more will be released.

No, I believe that was de-bunked. The latest I have heard they are going in full-release on the 23rd.

Yep, It's going to be a full release on July 23. They are actually going to be releasing many chips to reviewers about a week before July 23 I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom