dumb question about overclocking with SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazer_viking

In Runtime
I have an SLI setup and I'm wondering if when you overclock one card with rivatuner, if the other one is automatically pushed to the same settings. I'm assuming this is the case, but not being able to adjust the settings on the card that my monitor is not plugged into sparked the question. Are the fan speeds sync'd on both cards as well?

Ok just read up quick on tom's hardware about sli overclocking and it seems that when you overclock, both cards are oc'ed at once and will keep going till one fails an artifact test. Just oc like you normally would . I do remember reading on tom's hardware saying you get less of an oc in sli.

I bet if you were to just set the fan speed to 50% for example, then both cards would run at 50% fan speed. Just an idea. Never played around with my video cards in sli before, but theres always time to start.

thanks for the replies, i appreciate them. since i can only directly overclock one card anyway, i guess thats what im going to have to do whether its right or not.
so the g80's are supposed to be out sometime this month, eh? my mom is very similar to a bottomless pit of money so when i go back to see her in texas in a few weeks ill have to lean on her to get me one of these.
everyone is kicking SLI like a.... chicken that has a kick me sign taped to it. is SLI really that bad? is it not worth the extra money to get two g80's? i know that two 7800 gt's are about 185% better than just one in benchmarks... im thinking of getting two g80's right off the bat. i'll be the coolest kid on the forum. :D anywho, anyone want to flame me for going SLI? really the flames are appreciated. i want to hear everyone's opinion.

would it be wise to upgrade from a 7800gt to a 80? how much better will an 80 be? should i wait for another generation after the 80s? mom is only good for something this expensive every 1-2 years... and considering in 1-2 i'll be 16/17 she wont be inclined to give me money like that since i'll probably have a job. so this is my last big money juicing out of my mom... i've got to make it count! (lol, jp. i love my mom i dont really think of her like that. you guys know what i mean)

well i won't flame you for sli.. because i'm also an sli user... and it does huge jumps in games on larger resolutions, so don't even say its not impressive... and just wait til they're actually able to use it much better, i'm not saying its new, but i know they havent fully utilized it yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom