Radeon 9200 PRO[PCI] help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunk

Baseband Member
Hey guys I have a plug&play Radeon 9200 SE Pro [PCI] . I have been playing Coutnerstrike 1.6 and I have got nothing but steady 100fps and now I have an unstable 100fps, I shoot and my fps drops to 2-10 and makes it chop right out, this only happens when sudden graphics go on. I need as much help as possible, thanks.

HEy apokalipse. Im running Radeon 9200 SE. Direct X 8.1 - PCI and 128MB DDR. My current drivers are Radeon Omega Drivers v 3.8.205. I only have norton antivirus and my STEAM for counterstrike(required) running. I joined lan games to see if it was lag, I get fps drops in lan too, everytime I shoot. Could you suggest some other drivers?

Did you update your drivers and have this happen? If so, revert back. If not, try to update to the latest drivers.

Ill update now, but I will get back to you within 15-20 minutes.

Downloading ver 2.8.252 So hopefully this does the trick. If not do you think there's anything else wrong?

New drivers didnt fix the solution. What else do you guys think could be wrong?

Computer statistics

Processor
Name : AMD Athlong 64 3400+
Code Name : NewCastle
Specification : AMD Athlon(tm) Processor 3400+

Core Speed : 1808.4MHz
Multiplier : x 9.0
I dont have a bus speed?

Motherboard
Manufacturer : ASUSTek Computer INC.
Model : Salmon
Chipset : SiS // 760

BIOS
Brand : Phoenix Technologies, LTD

IF YOU NEED ANYHTING FURTHER PLEASE ASK I NEED THIS FIXED ASAP :)

Also how can I nuke/pave a Hewlett Packard computer without having to recover. I try hitting f10 upon start up to do a destructive recovery to start over and I only see the Hewlet Packard sign loading, I left it once for like 3 hours and did nothing. The only problem is when I purchased my computer I dont know what the **** I did with my XP Home serial key. Can I phone them and ask them to confirm or what not?

you say that the slow-down happens when there is action. I think that is a sign of CPU being under load (and not GPU)
bunk said:
HEy apokalipse. Im running Radeon 9200 SE. Direct X 8.1 - PCI and 128MB DDR. My current drivers are Radeon Omega Drivers v 3.8.205. I only have norton antivirus and my STEAM for counterstrike(required) running. I joined lan games to see if it was lag, I get fps drops in lan too, everytime I shoot. Could you suggest some other drivers?
personally I find that Norton slows things down quite a lot. that's why I moved to another Antivirus program.

the one I use is Antivir Personal Edition, which is free, does not use much resources, and I found it even more effective than Norton.

you can also scan for spyware and such by running ad-aware 6 periodically

and your bus speed is your HTT (different to other processors, which use a FSB) and it will be 1600 or 2000 (depending on if it's socket 754 or 939)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom