cant overclock 7900gt after install vf700

Status
Not open for further replies.

R1C0CH3T

Daemon Poster
k, i installed my zalman cf700-led vga cooler. my temps have dropped. i reverted back to default settings because i wanted to start a fresh overclock. now when i go to change the settings at all, its like the screen starts blinking every 2 or 3 seconds, on and then off again. what could this be? did i get some AS5 on some parts that i shouldn't have? i could go back and look and clean any excess off, but im pretty sure i wasnt that clumsy. any ideas?

definately double check that you didnt get any as5 other than the gpu. Also look for anything unusual while you have the hsf off. This also may be strabge, but ive heard of people not being able to OC after they install the mem heatsinks. Pull those off and see if that helps. A driver update may also solve this too.

k thanks, ill try the as5 check yet as i dont want to buy more thermal tape for the ramsinks just yet

dont bother, check/re-apply the as5, and if that doenst work, then remove all ram heatsinks. I read on this forum i cant remember which one exactly), but the guy was having the exact same problem you were, and removing the ram sinks solved it.

yeah, i just turned it on this morning and tried overclocking quick, all's good now, maybe one of thousands of my pesky fleas got on their...theyre seriously eating me alive..anyways thanks every1

...you have fleas?

lol.

Anyway...curious why having ramsinks would have anything to do with not being able to overclock. I mean the eVGA 7900GT KO version has cooling on the ram and not only is it OCd stock..but it OCs some more.

Just Installed my VF700 today :)

Ram sinks are OK....

Man the thing was a pain in the *** at first to install...

pretty easy for me to install, no problems cept for one of the ramsinks i put on crooked, easily fixable. stupid monarch computers, i ordered the evga sli micro atx mobo, and finally i asked them wats up, my package isnt here yet, and they said they dont have it in stock. wow. thanks for telling me. anyone ever cancelled their order from them? found same stuff at newegg for a tad more, but 3 day shipping. **** u monarch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom