Asus A8N-E Lan/Downloading problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

neophase

Beta member
Greetings,

I have recently gotten a hold of this new system from NCIX, and the motherboard is the 'ASUS A8N-E motherboard ATX S939 NFORCE4 Ultra DDR PCI-E16 PCI-E 2PCI-E1 3PCI SATA RAID Sound GBLAN'.

This motherboard came with a pre-installed tower, the whole package.

----------------------

Problem:
I go to download normal files from download.com, say, winamp, winrar, winzip, tigergaming texas hold'em, ewido, hijackthis, d2 expansion update, msn messenger, adware, spybot s&d... etc.
The files download onto my desktop, but when I go to run it, the files are corrupted, inpartial downloads, and it tells me to redownload.
I have downloaded these files before without problem, and I know it's not the source of these files where I am downloading from that is the problem (download.com is not the problem, it's this computer).

---------------------------------------

I was not the one to install windows on this machine. I think NVidia firewall was on, it still may be on but it's not in the systray.
control panel > add/remove programs, I have the NVIDIA DRIVERS, and NVIDIA ForceWare Network Access Manager. Remember that these may not be for the Firewall, but for the actual motherboard itself, so I think I may need these.
It is onboard LAN, there is no pci lan card installed.
I think incorrect or outdated o/b lan drivers were wrongly installed, that is my guess, and I'm having problems finding the o/b lan drivers for this mobo.

------------------------------------

I really appreciate your help and assistance in tackling this problem. This means a lot to me, and I thank you for taking the time to solve this.

Thanks a mil,
Neophase

I am having the same problem

ASUS A8n-SLI
AMD 64 3700+
1GB Ram
GeForce 7600 GS OC

I had some problems with the board in the begginning.. 2 RMA's and they finally sent me a completely different board instead of trying to repair the one i sent back... ALL the problems were corrected and the Computer is running like a champ.

The only problem is anything I download comes up corrupted.. including the Firefox and driver downloads... at first i thought memory too... The memory works fine in my other system. I also have brand new memory.. Doesn't matter which of the 4 512MB modules I use.

Memtest comes out fine. Normal installations and transferring from one harddrive to another works flawlessly.

any help would be appreciated.

just solved my problem.. should solve yours

go to "add/remove programs" and uninstall the NFORCE Network access manager.

I did some research and lots of people are having problems with it.. my downloading is back to normal since i got rid of it...

after uninstalling. reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom