Loud computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, 6490 rpm...is this really fast or normal?

All my fans are about 3000 rpm, which leads me to another question: Does the max rpm really matter for a fan, or is dba or something else a better gauge?

It seems like the temps are OK though.

Thanks!

Re:

Hello,

:eek: 6490 RPM is abnormal. That's outrageously high...for any sized fan. Half of that is about normal during load, and around 2500 RPM at idle.

Your temperatures are normal though, no problems there. Seems to me that your motherboard isn't lowering the voltage to your fans to suit conditions. 6490 RPM is overkill.

What motherboard do you have? And had you done any BIOS updates recently?

Also, you might want to check your settings in the BIOS for anything related to fan speeds. It might also be a good idea to verify the RPM and temps in BIOS (if the monitoring feature is there) just to make sure fanspeed hasn't read it incorrectly.

Try resetting the BIOS, by removing the battery and or the specific jumper on your motherboard (refer to your manual).

Might be your fan as well. If it's your case fan, then check to see it's plugged correctly and that no wires and pins are damaged.

I went into BIOS and the settings read:
Fan = 6301 RPM
Temperature were the same too

Current voltages are:
Core : 1.77V
+3.3V: 3.36V
+5V : 5.00V
+12V : 12.36V

Win9x:NO 64Bit:NO GiveIO:YES SpeedFan:YES
I/O properly initialized
Linked ISA BUS at $0290
Linked VIA VT82C686 SMBUS at $5000
Scanning ISA BUS at $0290...
Scanning VIA SMBus at $5000...
VIA686B ($A2) found on ISA at $6000
SMART Enabled for drive 0
Found ST360021A (60.0GB)
End of detection

Is there a program/BIOS setting to reduce the fan speed? Maybe thats the reason that its so loud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom