Got a few questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaackoran

In Runtime
Was just looking a the Yonah Core duo's that fit into the new 479 mobos(MSI 945GT Speedster-A4R Socket 479 or another?). Whats the performance like in comparison with what conroe is supposed to be like?

Also whether i wait for conroe or get the yonah, im going to be buying a Aspire X-Qpack case. Its micro atx... what is the best priCe:performance psu i could put in there? I need one that can support a g80, one hdd, one dvd rom and a SB Audigy 2ZS.

Also if i get a yonah id like to be able to OC it. Whats the best available mobo for that.

Wasn't the Yonah a laptops chip...? you can't compare a laptop's chip with a desktop chip..

please dont post without facts. Yes Yonah is 478 type, but different then Intels M chip. It fits into a 479 socket desktop mobo. Aopen makes one, as well as MSI and ASUS.

Why exactly cant i compare a laptop chip with a desktop chip? Whose to say that they are strictly laptop or desktop cpus?

Anyway, still looking for opinions...

Its like comparing a bike to bycycles.

and to which did you say "Please dont post without facts"??? Because I do recall the Yonah is a mobile CPU, but I might be wrong and you just confused me :p

ok seriously NO KIDDING the YONAH is a MOBILE CHIP, which is why i stated that it doesnt fit into INTEL M CHIP MOBOS (which are 478) THE YONAH is called a 478 socket cpu but it fits only into the 479 desktop mobos made especially for it. Please try to pay attention. I guess that is the reason your name is YOAD and not YODA.

yeah the core duo is nice, quiet, low volts, low heat oc's nicely... but i want to know if it would be better then a conroe, since im packing it into a small cube case where heat might get to be an issue when im OCing.

ah i see didn't understand your original question. conroe would most likely perform better because its like the 2nd version of the core duo. but if your packing it all into a small case, i think the core duo would be better.

oh yeah and the psu is not that strong, so the lower wattage of the cpu will let me run a better video card... my goal is a g80, one hdd, one dvd rom and a SB Audigy 2ZS and either a conroe or core duo.

Right now the Core Duo is obviously the most advanced CPU on the market....but how much better will conroe likely be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom