unsure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ffilc7

Solid State Member
in the process of purchasing parts for my very first build :)D / :amazed:). i recently picked up an athlon 64 4000 and an evga 7900gt and im planning on picking up my mobo and RAM next but wasn't exactly sure what i should pick up. i want to get 2 gigs dual channel and have no need for SLI...any advice/direction is much appreciated.

k so you want a MSI K8n neo4-F, and Ram thats PC 4000 (YES IT IS compatible with PC 3200 mobos), both those in combination with a AMD 4000+ would make a kcik *** overclocking rig.

recommened ram, OCZ PC 4000 Gold Series, and G.Skill 2x1GB Dual Channel Extreme

would you think differentely if i dont plan on OC'ing at the time? I'm definitely n00b for now.

i wouldn't go with the pc4000 ram since overclocking can be very scary even if people tell you its easy. since this is your first build i wouldn't oc. get a 2 gig set with low timings like 2-3-2-5. they will perform good

thats the exact RAM im ordering now...most likely goin with the asus a8n-e as well.

k, even if you dont OC now you will definitley OC later, so why not get an OCble board and ram? its not like its gonna cost more.....its not gonna be worse if you dont OC, its just there for you if you want to OC, and its the same price. some of the reasoning people have is VERY VERY odd, "oh im not ocing so ill spend more money on another board, then buy again when i plan to oc" when both come in 1 pack with wat i suggested.

you can oc with pc3200 ram anyways and just put a divider on it, no point in spending more money on the pc4000

its not MORE money, because that board in combination with the ram costs way more with the G.Skill Extreme and the MSi, put together, they are like $230 in total, whereas the other is like $300+for both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom