Mystery Windows Checker

Status
Not open for further replies.

problematic

Baseband Member
I spoke to a 'guy' a while ago who told me about an error checker built into windows. Its not Dr Watson, and not chkdsk.exe. I've used it once. It checks the structure of windows, and if there are any errors or corrupt areas, then it copys the original files from the windows cd. You access it using 'run'. The command you put into run is the format of something like 'xxx\ xxxxxx'.

Sorry this is all a lil bit unclear, but I hope you can help me identify what the command is I need to enter in 'run'

thanks

lol, i can understand why u may say this, but i have used it and it works...

its replaces damaged and corrupt files in windows with the originals off the windows cd...

it exists maaaan, i'm tellin u, i'm not c-c-c-c-crazy

chkdsk has an error checker as well... are you sure it wasn't chkdsk?

I have been using windows for quite a while and have never heard of a "secret ninja check disk" before...

he wrote it down on a piece of paper what to type. as with all things that are put safe, its been put somewhere sooo safe, even i cant find it, lol.

will have to try and find it...

but i assure u, it really does exist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dang Brady, you slippin? :)

/scannow : Scans all protected system files immediately. <-- thats the one you are probably asking for

/scanonce : Scans all protected system files once.

/scanboot : Scans all protected system files every time the computer is restarted.

/revert : Returns the scan to its default operation.

/purgecache : Purges the Windows File Protection file cache and scans all protected system files immediately.

/cachesize=x : Sets the size, in MB, of the Windows File Protection file cache.

hehe, sorry, its a 'Yorkshire' saying, means 'thanks'....

see, i gain knowledge from others, and i also give it....:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom