Second monitor and gaming headset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well most of my stuff came today. I love the monitor, I love the headset but i have a hiss even when i have all sound muted. What is even weirder is it makes a squeek when i scroll with my mouse. It might be interference but i don't know what would be doing it or how to fix it. I have had various headsets before and have never had this. Pls someone help? Thanx.

Where are you plugging the headphones into? And what sound card do you have? I remember the Audigy I used to have, it also made a hiss when I moved the mouse.

New development.....

A. I was plugging it into the front of the computer
B. With it plugged into the back the hiss is 99.9% gone
C. I am just using an onboard soundcard
D. It is my birthday in 3 days and I am thinking of getting a nice soundcard to go with my nice headset. Any thoughts/suggestions?

I suppose it works with it plugged into the back, now I simply plug my speakers into the front if I want to hear them instead of the opposite and everything seems to work fine.

Also I left music playing all night so that it would "burn in" a bit.

I read on a forum somewhere that interference could cause it too but i don't know exactly what i would do about that. I have various case fans etc. but what would I do? I will probably leave it now that I have found the work-around method.

Thanks for any suggestions, commets etc. pls post links to any soundcard recommendations. I would prefer to keep the budget under $200 but just post what you think would work really well for me. Keep in mind I am especially interested in gaming.

Oh 1 other thing for some reason with my 2 monitors now my games get crappy FPS. I have a 7800 GTX that I OCed a bit. Is something wrong? Is that common for dual monitors? Any suggestions? One work around that I tried was telling it not to use the 2nd monitor while playing but that messes up my icons/toolbars etc. and is a pain so i would like to find some other way of keeping good fps. Thanks.

Actually I notice you are selling a sound card 003. Should i get it? is it still for sale? I am mainly a gamer and like the best sound i can get for music after that. Also keep in mind the hiss issue i was having with my headset so I really don't want any hissing :)

Thanks.

If you are a heavy gamer, you will love my sound card. I can almost promise you will not get any hissing with it, I used to have those exact headphones. When you plug them into headphone jacks on speakers or on the front of your computer, you can get hissing. Also, the x-fi has something called cmss3d, which is virtual headphone surround sound. It really was something else. You can't get any better for games.

Sweet, well my birthday is in 3 days and people are asking me what I want so if you wouldn't mind would you hold it for me? It sounds perfect for what I need.

I can hold it, no problem. You will love it, especially coming from onboard sound. I take it you have never heard EAX? ;)

I just used what came with the MOBO that is in my sig. It was fairly nice, especially with the new headset but I am interested to hear what it is like with a good sound card. :)

Yes, it comes with everything. It's not very hard at all, you just put that drive bay thingy in like a CD ROM, you put the card in, and then you connect the card to the drive bay thing with the included ribbon cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom