Intel 65nm (Conroe and others) dates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, the Core Duo were not true dual core I believe, I mean they were dual-core, but not on the same die. Core 2 will be true dual core though, and so Core 2 duo will be two true dual core CPUs on one die. Pretty intense ... Intel will have to get 4 cores on a die before going to octo-core, getting four true dual core CPUs on one die won't be easy. (not sure if it's going to be octo, just a guess :p)

Brtnboarder495 said:
Yea, the Core Duo were not true dual core I believe, I mean they were dual-core, but not on the same die. Core 2 will be true dual core though, and so Core 2 duo will be two true dual core CPUs on one die. Pretty intense ... Intel will have to get 4 cores on a die before going to octo-core, getting four true dual core CPUs on one die won't be easy. (not sure if it's going to be octo, just a guess :p)

I remember seeing a concept of a quad core processor, with 2 cores per die, not 4. There was just 4 dies. But I think it was probably just a photoshop job someone did.

Woodcrest is going to be amazing. Practically 2x Core 2 Duos on one chip.

Woodcrest will be amazing but the Clovertowns are just two Woodcrests on one Chip making a quad core monster or a 8 core monster if you count hyper threading. CLOVERTOWN baby.

Tyler1989 said:
Woodcrest will be amazing but the Clovertowns are just two Woodcrests on one Chip making a quad core monster or a 8 core monster if you count hyper threading. CLOVERTOWN baby.

Mmmmmm delicious.

I not sure hyperthreading will work well with conroe. It worked with P-4 semi-well because of the really long pipelines. Conroe uses very short pipelines which dont go along well with hyperthreading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom