Come on AMD! bye bye Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.P. Mguire said:
Am2 is like S754 is to S939. The question is when is the real AMD chips gonna come out.

Eh, there was a noticable performance increase with S939.

I do not care any whichway myself, I have yet to find a time where both of my X2 3800+ cores are at full thrust, most of the time they are both around 10-20% due to load balancing. After all, GPUs are the bottlenecks, not CPUs

Yoad said:
If they replace the AM2 socket so soon, AMD Will lose the trust of all their buyers if you ask me, I have just the right picture to send to the AMD labs right now, lol:

That that is some thing that has been really annoying me with AMD ever since they had all Socket A, Socket 754 and Socket 939 with current CPUs at the same time.

I have really ripped into my AMD rep a few times about this when he's come around has it screw around with my marketing of the PCs that I build.

BTW, AMD sets launch date for quad-core
*fixed link*

Do you people realize that multiple processors aid stability, not so much performance? Server boards have two processors becuase they need bandwidth and stability, not the kind of power gamers want. However, K8L is slated to have some quad-core sinlge processors, and looks incredibly promising. (It's coming in early 2007, reportedly.)

so here everybody was, when dual core first came out, saying "dual core is the future" despite the cost.
now AMD is getting even more cores into a system, and now "it is a waste of money"

funny how that works...

though I want to see if "reverse hyperthreading" sees any light.

Orayn said:
However, K8L is slated to have some quad-core sinlge processors, and looks incredibly promising. (It's coming in early 2007, reportedly.)

On socket F not AM2. Socket F is promising Socket AM2 is a waste of everyones time.

HAVOC2k5 said:
Well, get ready for Dual, Dual Core's for AMD platforms.

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/06/01/amd_dual-socket_dual_core_platform/

lol now that you edited it to have that link in it I get you'r post, anyhow, get the hang of it dude... do you know how much costs the FX 60 now? Around 900~1100$.. now, taking in mind that those "4x4" mobo's will also cost a ton [My guess 200$ To begin with], you get a lets say 1000$*2[CPU] = 2000$ +200$ = 2200$ And thats just for the Mobo + CPU.... you will easly get to 4000$+ if you are planning to have any sort of good GPU / Ram.... the meaning of this is that this will simply be extremly overpriced...

Now my guesses are that this will also be pointless, why?
Because as P.P. Mguire brilliantly put it, to take advantage of 4 Physicall cores, the game first must be coded to do so, otherwise those other extra cores will just be in waste, meaning you will not gain any significant imporvment between a normal dual core machine to this "4x4" machine.. therefor it will be a total waste of money..

Plus, I have a feeling that this will be like our nowdays SLI and Crossfire, a total BS... wouldn't even worth the money and will only give an increasment of 10-20% In COMPUTING [not games!] speeds.

[At least SLI / Crossfire gives a 10-20% increase in gaming..]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom