BUNCH of questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goliath

Baseband Member
forgive me if this is a bit noobish questions. I just recieved a bunch of money for graduation and wanted to build a gaming/college computer. I have been looking to do SLI but after reading; http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=79791
i have second thoughts.

first, should i do SLI, if not what is a really nice AMD64 non-sli board.

Second, are the bfg 6600gtoc's with 512mb any good for if i do decide on SLI or am i better of with one 7800 or 7900=non-SLI

Third, what do you guys think about the AMD64 3500 venice, because the 3700 runs at the same clock speed i think.

Lastly, why is this computer monitor so inexpensive? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824116375

And does anyone know a really nice LCD monitor for under $350 that has good resolution and great response time, so there is no ghosting?

ALL IN ALL TRYING TO GET EVERYTHING BESIDES A PS AND CASE FOR AROUND $1350, SO IF SOMEONE COULD GIVE ME AN IDEA OF WHAT TO GET IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

That monitor used to be alot more, ~$350, they dropped the price alot recently though. Its an awesome monitor, even better because of the price. Its one of the best around.

Like nitestick said, go with the single 7900 and the 3700, you'll be much happier with that.

I dont plan on oc'ing alot, but what about mother boards that arent sli?
any suggetions?

You could get the DFI Ultra-D lanparty. It not technically an SLI board but it can be modified to accept SLI because it has dual PCIx16 slots.

Also check out the MSI Neo4-F. Good board and has some good Ocing capabilities.

Use 2gb if you are going to be doing some serious gaming or applications. Im assuming your going to be gaming with your choice of video card and cpu. I would definatly get 2gb if i were you, if your not using it all right away, you will later down the road.

im not sure but this is wat i think that monitor is that expensive becases of the fast response time 2ms the standered is about 8 that one would be great for gaming

thebleakness said:
You could get the DFI Ultra-D lanparty. It not technically an SLI board but it can be modified to accept SLI because it has dual PCIx16 slots.

Also check out the MSI Neo4-F. Good board and has some good Ocing capabilities.

I have that DFI Ultra-D lanparty board and I love it hasnt given me one prob and i oc so that if you ever decide to oc then youll be set. ( I say this because I didnt want to oc before I got my system here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom