IE7 for WinXP RTM in Dec 06, new IE every year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
According to MSBlog.org, Internet Explorer 7 will hit Beta 3 this summer, and then become RTM (final) in December 2006.

Also information regarding the future of Internet Explorer is that a new version will be released on a yearly basis, and according to KenLin's Blog there will be IE7.x in 2007, and IE 8 in 2008. IE8 will support better networking and re-rendering.

http://www.msblog.org/?p=692

In order to differentiate between Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP and Vista, Microsoft on Friday announced "IE7+." The special branding is designed to highlight the additional features IE7 will receive in Vista, including Protected Mode, parental controls, and improved network diagnostics.

"There are no feature differences between IE7 and IE7+ beta 2 other than the ones I mentioned above; we have, however, fixed a bunch of bugs between the two releases," explained IE team member Tony Schreiner. "As always, IÂ’d love to hear your feedback on this naming as well as the product. WeÂ’ll have more information on how to sign up for Windows Vista beta 2 with IE7+ shortly."

http://www.betanews.com/article/Microsoft_Announces_IE7_for_Vista/1148684297

On Microsoft's website, it doesn't say Beta 1 or Beta 2, etc.

EDIT: I just saw it, in very small fine-print. I wasn't paying attention to it normally.

M$ still didn't add a drop down menu for the Back Button. Like Firefox, this is useful for getting back or out of the website that keeps redirecting you. I hope they fix this feature in BETA 3. I don't understand why it's so hard just to do this......maybe they didn't read my complaint yet :cool:

they do have a back button but got rid of having 2 buttons if you click the arrow next to the right button ,the pull down menu shows in bold your current page and the ones above are forward and the ones below are back. Its just a different way of navigating.

baronvongogo said:
they do have a back button but got rid of having 2 buttons if you click the arrow next to the right button ,the pull down menu shows in bold your current page and the ones above are forward and the ones below are back. Its just a different way of navigating.

Oh, you are right, I didn't realize that. Thanks.

The Hotfix is reporting a Microsoft source has quietly leaked that IE7 Beta 3 will be availible to the public sometime in mid-August of this year. This goes hand-in-hand with official MS reports that they are indeed working on Beta 3 at the moment.

One fix going in Beta 3 will be will be to revert back to an IE6 behavior when using PHP pages. One IE7 tester noted that "when it comes to compare the code in the session variable and the code in the post data, they're different." Eric Lawrence of Microsoft responded with "for compatibility reasons, we're going to revert to IE6 behavior for IE7 Beta 3 to prevent this exact issue" on the subject.

In the past few weeks Microsoft has made a few references to IE7 Beta 3 on their IE Blogs about bug fixes and releases. IE7 Final is set for a Winter 2006 release.
here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom