Deciding which OS to use, ohh the pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

bear85

Solid State Member
Well the dilema that i have is that i have XP Home 32bit edition, i also have 2002 MCE. And im thinking about getting linux mandrake or XP Pro 64bit And im wondering which to use????

I know Linux is free and would be very good for my 64bit apps which is what im looking for but i wouldnt mind xp pro 64 but i here that there are probs with comp software issues.

So what should i do, like i said ive got xp home (default using at mo as new system) xp mce 2002(on old hdd) and getting linux but maybe xp pro 64bit. But i dont want to pay for xp pro and its not much better or i get probs with it!

Any suggestions or past experience would be very helpful! :p

I'd personally grab XP Pro x64 and SUSE 10.1 x64 I've got no complaints with these works wonderfully.

But if you don't want to pay for a thing you should leave your XP Home as it is then install Linux for you I'd recommend Fedora 5 x86_64 or SUSE 10.1 x86_64. Mandrake will work and it is based off of Fedora I just never grew to like it.

Thanks for some suggestions, ive only got 2002 mce and its oem so i might not get that but i want something that will utilise my 64bit caps and i kno i shud wait until 64bit is alot more friendly but i want it now, lol :) Suse is more of a server, desktop and linspire is more user friendly, ive now got suse and mandrake but still undecided. I am interested with mce but is it worth it as thats only ever guna b 32bit.

I was thinking of having two systems on one hardrive so i can select the best or the fastest when ever, so it would be down to a linux with 64 caps or mce 2005 with xp home?

linux and xp home then

No need for two very identical operating systems if it's not for testing purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom