Dual-Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timaphillips

In Runtime
I'm going to be starting CAD drafting soon and have decided on going with dual-monitors instead of a widescreen. This way I can put spec sheets of the product on one side and the drawing I am working on on the other. I'm hoping to keep it to maybe $250 max. I'm hearing there's not really a recognizable difference in DVI or VGA connections, but I figure if DVI is available, why not..

LG makes a good product and the price is right. What do you guys think of this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824005046

My current monitor is a 17 inch HP. I want two 19's, so I figure I'll get one now and upgrade some other time.

I am also curious...if I play a game on dual monitors will I get basically 1/2 the graphics power (frame rate) since the output is to two monitors? I'm thinking no, but somebody please reinforce my thinking. Thanks!

PS- Before anybody asks, my GPU has one VGA and one DVI outut. The HP I have now uses the VGA.

nitestick is correct.... I have a duel monitor setup on my other system, and while playing FEAR I only get one screen and still no noticable FPS drop. But the stretch settings are only for your desktop back ground. You would just have to enable the other screen from the desktop properties. I also have them on one so I've got the adapter on... Still no difference. Go for it...

I have duel and its really awsome. I dabble in stocks and I really use the extra space, also helps when talking to people on a messenger you can still work while talking. Im actualy considering geting a cheap $20 graphics card and hooking up anouther monitor. :)

Im runnin duel crt's, and i really use it a lot. I had to get an adapter because my video card only has one vga output, but i really use the second one a lot. I can monitor my temps and cpu usage and stuff while im gaming. Also, it really helps when comparing products and making lists for builds. But you dual LG idea sounds good. go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom