Problems with Windows needing to be RE-activated

Status
Not open for further replies.
EricB said:
most dell computera has a xp serial on the side of them, but if you check that isn't the serial install on the computer
Hmmmmmmmm....... I am going to keep my eyes out of that one the next time I got a Dell landing in my service area.

I can get myself unactivated and re-activated with not a problem. Especially now that I memorised the steps that I need to carry out.

However with the current Microsoft Genuine Dis-Advantage should not be happening in the first place.

I just had a client where his copy of Windows on his out of the box toshiba fails the Microsoft Genuine Dis-Advantage test. Toshiba just told me, FORMAT, RE-IMAGE, RE-INSTALL.

I think that MS will eventally forget Actavation. At least, they should, it gets annoying. Mabye if Bill Gates would stop Using Linux (LOL) and Mac OS then he would see that Windows is truly crappy ;)

Re: HOW TO UNACTIVATE WINDOWS

Harper said:
Do not waste your time with internet activation as it will not work. You will need to do this via the phone.
You may need to re key in your OEM number at some stage. So have that ready.

Doing the above will save you about 45 minutes of bullsh!t explaining to microsoft in order to get you do a level 2 technical support person.
It just means you need to spend about 15 minutes explaining what has happened to the product activation person instead.
Scratch that. You can just activate over the internet with out having the call up microsoft provided that it's a legit OEM number.

I just tried that with another client just then.

It's 11pm here, I just got back from scouts and I got my boss having the same problem again. :(

FFS Microsoft!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom