ordinal not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

truegamer12

Baseband Member
everytime I start up vista beta I get a black screen and it says longhornui.exe-ordinal not found
The ordinal 355 could not be locatedd in dynamiclink library COMCT32.dll (this is after I installed the vista transformation 4.0 pack)

Why would you run the Vista Transformation pack on Vista? That is to be used for XP to make it look like Vista. So if you are truly running Vista then you just crashed it.

So your option would be to format and reinstall Vista without the Trans pack.

the problem is the everytime it starts up the screen is black and has the error mesage after I click on the error message the screen is still black. I can't do anything

truegamer12 said:
everytime I start up vista beta I get a black screen and it says longhornui.exe-ordinal not found
The ordinal 355 could not be locatedd in dynamiclink library COMCT32.dll (this is after I installed the vista transformation 4.0 pack)
This is what i am talking about. You dont need to install the Vista Transformation Pack in Vista. That is what caused the error. No way you can fix it. It has over written files that Vista needs to run and operate. You have to format and install Vista again.

I don't know how i'd get vista back since I got it from an iso

is there any way I can delate vista transformation pack from the recovery console

Nope. It already did its damage. It changed some mandatory files that Vista needed. Even if you deleted it those files would still be changed.

Since you say you dont have the ISO anymore you are Outta Luck and have to go back to XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom