First build from scratch..want to double check parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jag28

Baseband Member
Hey guys, first post here. This is going to be my first complete PC build which I plan on using for Video/Audio Editing and some nice gaming. Already did math and it fits in my budget and did alot of research so I'm pretty sure everything will check out and won't cause any major disasters. Still never hurts to check one last before I hit the Pay button.

Any parts that have a habit of being faulty let me know, and if you have a better choice that would be great.

Motherboard: EPoX EP-9NPA+ SLi ATX AMD Motherboard

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 2000MHz
Was thinking about a dual core but I dont really plan on multi tasking so not sure if it's worth and extra $100, especially when I can upgrade later.

Video Card: SAPPHIRE Radeon X1800XT

Memory: CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Kit System Memory

PSU: Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550 550W Power Supply

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar SE 200GB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

CD Drive: LITE-ON Combo Drive

DVD Drive:
BenQ 16X DVD±R DVD Burner With LightScribe

Monitor: HYUNDAI L91A Black 19" 12ms LCD Monitor

Case: Thermaltake Armor Series VA8000BWS Black Computer Case With Side Panel Window

Sound card I'll buy at a later date when i get the money to buy a HIGH end card along with a better set of speakers. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks.

i would drop the Case seeing as you wont really need it and get an Thermaltake Tsunami or Soprano. The Motherboard is really not necessary, get an MSI K8N Neo4-f, you can OC the 3700+ wit the MSI board, its a great one for OCing. With that said with the money you save from both the case and the board i'd suggest getting a better monitor, maybe something like a good viewsonic, acer, samsung, or LG, show us the ones you can pick from and we'll tell you which monitor is good.

well yeah gigabyte is good, but seeing as how he is getting a 3700+ it would be wise to get a good OCer like the MSI.

Dual cores are really worth it I hear. Especially when you have random daemons lurking on your comp. Think about all the AIM and other windows stuff that goes on while you play games. A dual-core handles that much better. Same with loading junk on startup.

You might wanna get a socket AM2 though, it leaves you with a better upgrade path for future processors as s939 is being phased out by it.

thebleakness said:
But is he even going to be overclocking?

I do plan on overclocking though how hard I'll push it I'm not to sure yet.

The monitor wasn't really an option cause it's free from a friend, guess I can start looking for new ones though when I get some extra cash if it looks bad.

I got the case beacuse I love having room, and this is one of the bigger cases and does a great job helping keeping things cool.

My friend built a PC with an Epox and said it worked great, but like you said I don't really know much about that brand. Nothing Asus had really impressed me and I "hear" Gigabyte isn't easy or great to OC with. I'll take a look at the Gig and the MSI boards though. Don't know a whole lot about mother boards so I'll take any help I can get with those.

Jag28 said:
The monitor wasn't really an option cause it's free from a friend, guess I can start looking for new ones though when I get some extra cash if it looks bad.

I wish I could get a free monitor from me my friend. :(

If you don't want it, I'll gladly take it for free :) I'll pay shipping! :p

k, seriously change the motherboard to MSI K8n Neo4-f no matter what, Epox no1 has ever used, and cannot be vouched for, not here anywayz.

nice case :) same as the one I have except mine has doors, wish I would have bought the armor now :( the doors are a pain. It has plenty of room and enough fans and can be pretty much screw less.

I also agree go with MSI mobo, epox seemed to normally be a budget motherboard not one for overclocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom