Overall Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

infernus

Solid State Member
need help here guys. I am planning to upgrade right now and Im seriously on a VERY VERY TIGHT BUDGET of $200. Just want to know your comments to the following.

I am planning to buy:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice S939 1.8Ghz $125

MOBO: MSI K8NGM2-IL $75

200601100857315.jpg

This setup will be used from everyday tasks to medium gaming.

I chose this motherboard because it has build in graphics and will give me some spare time to earn for a GFX card. Well in the mid of this year, the most possible gfx card I can acquire is the NVidia GeForce 7600GS. So if ever, will that do me good? Can I play games like Warcraft and Flight Simulator in medium to high settings? Can I play BF2 smoothly on low settings and slightly at medium? Do I need some liquid cooling cause im worried my PC might overheat because I will use my ATX casing right now or all is ok? Is 450w PSU sufficient?

Another question, I read somewhere in this forums that if for example I use 3000+ AMD and a 7900GT, the gfx card will be useless is that true or am I just mistaken?

If ever, what's the highest gfx card possible in my setup? I hope to hear from you all.

Games on low settings with okish res with BF2 on low res and low detail.

What PSU is it? 450w really means nothing in quality. You need a 24pin PSU as well.

I am on a 7800gt and a 3000, it is great gaming at 2048 res with minimal fps drop (loses 2fps in GTR and from 140 to 100 in CS:S) compared to 'normal' resolutions.

The gigabyte version of that motherboard is quite a bit cheaper btw. That money can go towards a GPU.

thats great, its good for medium gaming, and will run fine, and whenever u want u can OC the 3200+, some OC VERY well.

john3 said:
thats great, its good for medium gaming, and will run fine, and whenever u want u can OC the 3200+, some OC VERY well.

Thanks for the feedbacks. john3 I would like to ask you if I need some thermal cooling? Or will my ordinary ATX casing will do fine? I don't know about OCing so maybe at stock speeds will do me fine?

Is 450W PSU enough for me? Can I play the games like I said Flight Simulator at medium settings? I want to have good details in flying :( In BattleField 2, can I play it nicely even at low settings? It's ok if I can play the latest game at very low settings as long as it will run nicely, is is possible? Like HL2, Farcry when turned off all details, will it be able to run in my specs? I'm sorry if I have so many questions I just want to make this in one thread...:(

Planning to buy it next month or in July

all you would need to get some decent overclocking is some 10 dollar fans for intake and exhaust, and $5 thermal paste, preferablly Arctic Silver 5.

You haven't said who makes the PSU. At least tell us how many amps are on the 12v rail/s.

I doubt that board will have many overclocking options to get a decent speed that the CPU is capable of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom