DTS Audio DVD backups

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCrowley

Beta member
Hello everyone. I have recectly purchased a few of the new "DTS Entertainment" DVD audio discs, and have a question about how to back them up. None of the utilities I ususally use work, so hopefully one of you out there have the answer.
I've tried Nero, DVD decrypter, IFO edit, Clone CD, DVD, and DVD XCOPY. None of them worked.
I've included a screenshot of what Windoze sees.
TIA for any and all assistance.

Mr. C

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 28
MrCrowley said:
Hello everyone. I have recectly purchased a few of the new "DTS Entertainment" DVD audio discs, and have a question about how to back them up. None of the utilities I ususally use work, so hopefully one of you out there have the answer.
I've tried Nero, DVD decrypter, IFO edit, Clone CD, DVD, and DVD XCOPY. None of them worked.
I've included a screenshot of what Windoze sees.
TIA for any and all assistance.

Mr. C

Did you try right clicking on the drive where the disk is in and click explore and then copy and paste to the hard drive and then try the things you did again?
give this a try.

Yes, I've tried that. There is nothing I can do with the files. When I put the disk in my DVD drive, Winamp kicks on and plays a bunch of static. I can't even get the disc to play in my DVD Burner. It will only play in my DVD player connected to my home theatre.
The disc uses new copy protection methods. I guess no one has come up with a way to break it yet.

I've heard of one method that involves creating a cuesheet with the audio tracks and mounting it as a virtual CD using Daemon Tools, then playing the tracks using PowerDVD XP w/the DTS Decoder option. I've never tried it myself, though, so I'm not sure if/how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom