Problem with windows booting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah =/. its like i have no heatsink but i do. sometimes the heatsink is hot as ****!!! i think my heatsink is crap >> guy at pc shop said "its the best" pfft i had to take off the new fan it came with cuz it was to slow RPM and put on my stock fan on my stock heatsink.

A socket A Athlon XP idles around 50c that is normal, they have a thermal spec of about 90c, They are one of if not the hottest running cpu ever made. It won't even become unstable because of heat until around 85c. Compare the temps at idle to your bios temps they should be very close, this will tell you if speedfan is reading it properly. After your install have you installed all the mobo/chipset drivers and do you have the latest bios for your board. What make/model number board do you have?

Never compare your temps to those of a newer Athlon or a P4, They idle close to ambient air temp and raise quickly when loaded.

yeah still reboot, i just took out both and put in a single 512 chip and 256 chip same thing. Bios reads temp at 60c in BIOS. 57-60 maybe 61. Sometimes the pc freezes in BIOS =/. yes i got latest bios version. its like 60-65c is the limit my cpu can handle. i got a HP mobo, cant see model my GPU heatsink is blocking it lol.
i can even put a high powered house fan blowing into my case and it still overheats :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom