Norton Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.

jk88

Baseband Member
I was just wondering if this program is good for anything? Should I just delete it and save space?

? I heard it has something to do with recovering files. I just wanted to know if it was worth keeping.

Norton Ghost is a Backup/Disk Imaging Application it is very useful.

one possible use is backing up a fresh OS installation to a disk image and then restoring from the image if some fatal error occurs.

I believe it comes preinstalled on dell computers now?

-T1

Yeah it does. However, I have the MS OS re-installation CD. Should I still keep the program?

Norton Ghost is the industry leading backup and recovery software for home PCs. You have a great software package there. However, I really do not like Symantec, they destroyed my PC once now I will have nothing to do with Symantec.

Ok sounds like its quite useful. I guess I'll keep it. Thanks all.

Oh, one more thing look at the year on the software. Consider upgrading to the latest version. Symantec adds capabilities each year, although some people tell me that they preferr to wait at least three years between upgrades and give Symantec a real chance to get new capabilities into the sfotware.

you will use it to make an image of your os just they way you like it so when you want to reinstall, it takes half the time and yor settings are still in place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom