does a retail cpu come with thermal paste?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is already paste spread onto the heatsink, just make sure you don't touch it before you put it onto the cpu.
No, not much instruction on the paste.

endeavor said:
and does the retail cpu come with sufficient instructions regarding thermal paste?

if it already comes with applied on the stock HSF... then no... They want you to use their stock HSF, which already has paste on it, they wont give you any instructions to apply your own.

THe retail CPU's come with a thermal pad. t's more than enough anyways, unless you're going to overclock like a madman, I'd suggest Arctic Silver 5 :p

desiboi said:
THe retail CPU's come with a thermal pad. t's more than enough anyways, unless you're going to overclock like a madman, I'd suggest Arctic Silver 5 :p

and if you do that...... Remember to scrape it off completely,and to wipe the surface clean with isopropyl alcohol

uzi9mm said:
and if you do that...... Remember to scrape it off completely,and to wipe the surface clean with isopropyl alcohol
that's only if the cpu has a thermal compound on it already, right?

what's the difference between a thermal pad and thermal paste?

to take off a thermal pad do you have to use alcohol?

paste is very slimey like

the pad is hard, feels like putty, but over time it will melt a tad and form to the CPU heatspreader.

I am talking about cleaning off the HSF before you put it on, if you want to upgrade to AS5, but you apply as5 to the heatspreader on the CPU and not the HSF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom