No Western Digital ATA133????

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc_boy

Daemon Poster
I've been looking around for a Western Digital 80-gig ATA133 on Newegg. The mobo I am gettin' does not support Serial ATA, but I only find ATA100 and SATA on newgg. Is it because they didn't make any?

Here is the mobo:

ASUS nForce2 400 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket A CPU, Model "A7N8X-X" -RETAIL
Specifications:
Supported CPU: Socket A AMD Athlon/Athlon XP/Duron Processors
Chipset: NVIDIA nForce2 400 + MCP
FSB: 400/333/266/200MHz
RAM: 3x DIMM for DDR400/333/266/200(Non-ECC,unbuffered) Max 3GB
IDE: 2x UltraDMA 133 up to 4 Devices
Slots: 1x AGP 8X, 5x PCI
Ports: 2xPS2, 1xCOM, 1xLPT,6xUSB2.0(Rear 4), 1xLAN, Audio Ports
Onboard Audio: Realtek ALC650 6CH w/ built in HP amplifier
Onboard LAN: Integrated NVIDIA MAC + Realtek 8201BL PHY 10/100Mbps
Form Factor: ATX more info-> N82E16813131468

NO SATA!! :(

Thanx:D

ouch, thats harsh......i don't think zigandazag even understood the question though. pc_boy west digi doesn't make any IDE HDD at ATA133. the only 2 companies that make ATA133 HDD that i know of is maxtor and samsung. i would suggest maxtor. people say it is unrelaible, my experience so far is they are very reliable. there is a big difference in ata100 and ata133, so its worth it.

thanx, but never mind. I just got a Western Digital 120GB 8 Cache, 8.9 MS seek time ATA100 for 50 bucks on sale at Fry's. Someone told me that Maxtor is not as good, it runs fine and everything but it gets too many errors if you turn of your comp by switching it off. you can do it by aciddnet so.. he has both WD and Maxtor so he recomanded WD

Uh PCBoy,
If you turn off your computer by switching it off, any hard drive is liable to give you errors....LOL. You don't want to do that all the time.
You want objective opinions before you make a purchase? You should ask around and read some reviews. What you just got from your friend is highly subjective, kinda like a Ford/Chevy debate.

I agree with ekAesine that Maxtors are no more prone to fail than any other drive but the ATA133 interface is icing on the cake.
_Target

Who cares, what I got is good and cheap enough for me. And I was just sain' that if you acidentally switch it off, I don't do that all the time lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom