help buying a new PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolution

Beta member
Hi all,

I am Buying a new PC from Alienware and was wondering how it will handle all the newer games that are coming out.UT2007 Project offset...all those crazy system hungery "next gen games"

heres the specs

Alienware® NVidia nForce™4 SLI™ X16 Motherboard

Intel® Pentium® D Processor 950 w/ Dual Core Technology 3.4GHz 800MHz FSB

Alienware® Liquid Cooling + AlienIce™ 2.0 Video Cooling

1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz - 2 x 512MB

250GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s 7,200 RPM w/ NCQ & 8MB Cache

16x Dual Layer DVD±R/W Drive w/LightScribe Technology

Dual 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 7900 GT - SLI Enabled

Ageia PhysX Processing Unit w/ 128MB GDDR3

Integrated High-Performance 7.1 Surround Sound with S/PDIF and Coaxial Digital Outputs <<<Or this>>>> Alienware® Edition Sound Blaster® X-Fi® High Definition 7.1 Audio with XRAM Technology

The Total is a bit over 3000 I know I'm paying more than I have to but I dont feel like going through building my own again....And I've just always wanted an Alienware....=o) let me know what you guys think...Or if theres anything I should change

Thanks for the help

dude, you can get a much better system for a lot less if you are comfortable building it on your own. what's your budget? but if you don't want to build, go with AMD instead of Intel. and GO for 2GB of ram.

I think you should build you'r own, DUDE FOR 3K I COULD BUILD YOU AN AMAZING SYSTEM!! AMAZING!!

THATS IS 3K!?!?!?!? THAT IS A TOTAL RIP OFF! a system like that costs about 2K if u build and buy AMD ( which is, Currently, WAY BETTER!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom