Processors and Video cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThrillRyder23

Baseband Member
Hey, I need some help.

I just need to know if I put in a 1.4 Ghz (Intel Pentium 4) processor and an Intel Extreme Graphics Card 2 (64 mb), will my laptop be able to run games pretty well and watch movies and anything else I might do on my laptop? Don't worry about the RAM, the RAM will be just fine (512 mb DDR PC2200 1 DIMM)

Note- I do not do photo editing, video editing or programming.

You won't be able to play Doom3, HL2, FarCry, etc. at decent frame rates (if they'll even run at all) but you should be fine watching movies.

aye29 said:
You won't be able to play Doom3, HL2, FarCry, etc. at decent frame rates (if they'll even run at all) but you should be fine watching movies.

How come? I mean is the video card that bad? Or is it just the slow processor?

Sorry for double posting but I also have another question. Centrino technology. Do they use that in all the laptops are only in few. If they don't use it in all the laptops then what type of Intel is in the others?

ya both processor and video card are pretty low end...we're at 3.4 Ghz now and Radeon 9800XT at 500 MHz with 256 Mb

I think Intel Extreme Graphics Card 2 might be an integrated card. In any case, you should sitck to the more well known brands like nVidia or ATI. Centrino technology is not in all laptops. It is usually found in machines for travellers who need low weight and high battery life although some high end machines (Dell Inspiron 8600) also use it. Your alternatives are a desktop Pentium4, Pentium4M, Athlon XP-M or an Athlon64.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom