Warez Monster has an issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warez,

would you mind explaining the problem in full? I've read over this and am a little confused... :)

We bought a new HP computer

I copied all the drivers off the drive

Wiped XP out

Installed XP

Installed Drivers

Install all updates

Added a new user as an admin, disabel the admin account

Joined to the domain, rebooted

Logged in the new local admin account, errors start to appear

Tried 4 XP disk

XP, XP SP1, XP SP2, HP XP Disk<-- All installs receive the same errors

Today I updated Windows using the custom setting to pick my own updates. There were 52 updates with 8 of them being software, I didnt install the software updates, only security updates one at a time and rebooting after each update. Before I joined it to the domain, I did everything on it, access msconfig, regedit, control panel icons, etc. No sooner then I join it, it corrupted. I can tell before the desktop even loads because its already taking way to long to personalize th desktop settings etc. Then the quick launch icons are gone, control panel icons are missing, clicking to many time to access any item from the run comman result in a fatal system error follow by a reboot. Then at the logon box, it tries to build the domain list and the only way to pass it is it ctrl alt delete, put my user name in, ctrl alt delete and so on, then after a few minutes, I can log in but only to a corrupted profile.

so the machine runs fine until you join the domain?

Is this is a corperate domain? Can you log back into the local account? does it work?
Can you log onto another account? domain\local?
Are there GPO settings being applied? Run resultant set of policy against the machine if you can to see.
if you delete the domain profile, and have it recreate what happens?
What kind of security is inplace around this domain?

Update: I seem to have found the culprit, its a combo between the chipset drivers and video drivers since they are both onboard. I get everything working just fine, fully updated, user accounts logged in, etc. As soon as I install those drivers, its corrupted. Now I gotta find a workaround

yup one at a time, one before the other. When you update one it updates the other, and vice versa.

well they didnt help me out any, they said my restore cd was bad so they are gonna send me a new one. whatever....

Well I'm still having these issues. I purchased another pc, an IBM A51 TC. Same problem happens when installing the VC drivers. I don't know what the **** is going on but it's ****ing me off. This has been going on way to long.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom