vista problems again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mentali$T

Daemon Poster
my download of vista beta 2 finished today but i have problems installing it :(. the installation will start in windows and then reboots, i then enter the activation key, click next and ill get a msg saying sumthin along the lines of "could not load windows image" and after 5 mins my pc will restart with vista not installed. just vista setup and xp show up (dual boot) and vista setup just does the exact same thing. plz help. Thanks

How did you go about installing? Did you burn it to DVD and then reboot with the DVD in? Or did you try to install from within XP?

@ Inaris, no i didnt, what do i do to check it?

@ Makaveli, no, should i try burning to a dvd and booting from cd?

How can i remove the partially installed vista?

Thanks

if you have 2 OS installed wont ur HDD be partitioned ...put in your xp cd or vista one and just format you partition with the vista on it or when you install vista wont it overwrite the broken install?

YAY!!!!! i got it working :D:D:D:D
I put in the xp cd went to recovery console typed in fixmbr and fixboot to get rid of the screwed up vista and deleted the files from the hdd.

Then booted from vista cd and installed and it worked great! I thought i was going to have problems with my gfx card again but its fine and everything looks lush!

It is always advised to install Vista from the DVD. Any other time you will always run into errors since M$ hasnt allowed for Vista to be upgraded (ehich you shouldnt do anyways with a Beta) or installed from XP correctly. It is a know bug within Vista and has been reported many times.

ok thanks :)

but now i got another problem on my hands :mad:
I have been using vista for a couple of hours then i tried to boot into xp and it wont work :( it just goes to a blank screen.
Can u help me plz

Thanks

Does it give any erros? Have you tried to put in the XP CD and do a fixboot and fixmbr?

doesnt give me any error. and i have tried going to recovery console to do that but when it asks me for admin password it says its not right. Before i would just press enter cos i hadnt set a password and now it thinks there is one set :s is there a way to get passed that?
and i also tried doing a repair install but i dont get the option. just says install or exit

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom