How to make BSOD stay on screen (so i can read it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

clever_j

In Runtime
Hi guys

My friend's laptop wont boot into windows NORMAL mode anymore,it flashes a BSOD screen for like .1 seconds and reboots..

I can still log into safemode, and i wanted to set the computer to DISPLAY the BSOD on screen instead of automatically rebooting.... that is so i can read it and figure out what's causing the error.

any help would be greatly appreciated..

PS
i tried setting ALL THE SERVICES's recovery options to TAKE NO ACTION instead of the usual RESTAT SERVICE or RESTART COMPUTER.. but still that certain BSOD error is FLASHED the laptop is rebooted so fast that i can't make anything out of the error.

Right click on My Computer, then choose properties, go to the advanced tab, then startup and recovery, then uncheck automatically restart. This will leave the BSOD on screen rather than reboot right away :)

You can also do this. Start>Run>eventvwr.msc That will bring up the Event Viewer so you can see what happened on the last crash.

tried that as well.. it didnt return anything relevant to the crash, just a bunch of driver errors not launching (which is caused by booting into safemode)..

I think since the BSOD happens during start up (boot screen only), the eventvwr service has not been launched yet.

Well if it happened during boot then it could be a few things. Basically it could boil down to a driver conflict or a file conflict. Not much right. ;)

yeah could prolly be..
so any ideas how to KEEP the BSOD on display? coz it really just shows for less then .2 seconds.. like a flash.. tried so hard to read (get a clue).. impossible..

Well if you could at least look at the top and see what the Stop Error message is. All we need is the code it gives. The 0x0000007e would be an example. That is all we need to help you sort out the issue.

i disagree , thats not all i need :beard:

in safe mode get into c:\windows\minidump (bsod logs are kept in folder) rar/zip all files , upload to www.mytempdir.com and provide link , ill analyze the recent logs and let you know

Sure it is. That way you can start the process. All Stop errors are generated by something. Yes what you are asking for will provide some more info but at least this will get us started on a path.

point is without the logs you can just provide possible reasons and how to troubleshoot em and cant say for sure whats causing it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom