Installed my sound card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tboone

Solid State Member
I got my new sound card today and I installed it and all. I plugged the speakers into the appropriate slot on the back of the sound card. The thing is, when I'm on, I usually listen to sound through headphones, and this was never a problem before, when I had the integrated sound card. There was a slot on the front of my tower where I could plug it into, next to a USB port. Now, if I want to listen through headphones, I have to plug the headphones into the back of the sound card at the back of the computer. Is there any way I can change things around so that I can listen to sound by plugging headphones into the front of my computer? Thanks.

I wrote down the number on the sticker of the motherboard and did a search on it, but nothing came up.

-Edit....

INTEL 845GV?

find a cable that goes from the front of the case to the motherboard which is labelled audio and see if it can be plugged into the sound card.

I agree with IfYouHaveToAsk. The ports on the front are tied to your onboard audio. So to make them work with your new sound card you need to find where they connect to the motherboard and then see if your new sound card has that type of input. Most sound cards have 2 or 3 inputs on the card. Keep in mind these inputs are not going to be on the back of the card where you plug the speakers in.

I have a slight problem with that. The hard drive covers the inside of where the front ports are (the USB and sound port). I'd have to remove the hard drive which I'm a little hesitant to do it. There are two cords that look like they go from the front ports. They go around the hard drive. I'm not sure if they are related to the USB & sound port at the front, but one of the cords is black and the other is blue. They're plugged in at different lotations on the motherboard, but towards the bottom.

look around the motherboard where you plug them in, it should say "USB" on the pcb or "Audio" - they try and make it as clear as possible :) - if not then try taking your hard disk out, just make sure you unplug from the mains and keep touching the case to discharge any static.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom