Switching Screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilsChild

In Runtime
Im trying to get my desktop moniter to display my laptops display. It worked about 6months ago, and now i have had no luck:

When i connect the desktop moniter, and press "Fn + F5" the laptops screen goes blank like it has switched, but the desktop comuter comes up with nothing...

Here are pictures of my display adapter on my laptop. One is with the desktop moniter connected, and the other one is with it disconnected:

Attachments

• connected.gif
    59.9 KB · Views: 26
Im guessing if the VGA has been damaged its not worth getting a replacement seeing how i will need to replace the whole motherboard?

I have updated my VGA drivers to the newest, still no luck.

I wouldnt say i havent touched anything, ive been messing around with it a bit and didnt notice that it wouldnt work about 2 weeks ago.

I will try downgrading my VGA drivers to old ones, and if that doesnt work i will install a fresh Windows onto it, formatting the HD and see what happens. If these two do not work, i guess im purchasing another laptop/desktop.

thanks

ok update: tried reinstalling windows, nothing.

tried different VGA drivers, nothing.

Ive taken it into my local computer expert, and he said i will need to get it shipped off to get fixed, and cant give me a quote.

anyone know around how much it will cost to fix the VGA input?

thanks

update: took the laptop apart today, looking for anything weird near the VGA input, nothing... can i check anything with a multimeter to see if its working, and if its just my software?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom